Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need a passcode for phone i bought

I recently bought a phone. they person i bought it from did not tell me they had used find my iphone and it is activation locked. i am in need of the passcode to get into it and the person i got it from is not answering my messages anymore

iPhone 6

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 12:33 PM

Without the Apple ID and Password of the original owner, you will never be able to use this phone. Activation Lock is a theft prevention feature. Since the person you bought it from refuses to help, it is probably a stolen device. We cannot help you and Apple will not. Turn it over to the police or recycle it at an Apple Store.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2020 12:33 PM in response to achristiansen89

Without the Apple ID and Password of the original owner, you will never be able to use this phone. Activation Lock is a theft prevention feature. Since the person you bought it from refuses to help, it is probably a stolen device. We cannot help you and Apple will not. Turn it over to the police or recycle it at an Apple Store.

Need a passcode for phone i bought

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.