Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

camera/photo access for app

i try to enable camera/photo access on my apps but the setting is not available in my phone... whenever i click "enable microphone" or "enable camera" it bring me to settings for that app, and i cant find the setting to turn on these features. i also can't find it in settings search

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 7:58 PM

Go to Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Photos

There you will see a list of apps, which have asked for access to your photos. Turn them on if you want those apps to be able to access them.

Similar questions

6 replies

Jun 6, 2020 8:13 PM in response to sriniz

Access to photos is contained in Screen Time. I don't know why you don't get the list of apps which have asked for access. For an app to have access to your camera, you will need to go to Settings > The App (example Facebook) and grant access inside the settings for the app.

Go to any app which says you need to give it permission to access photos, then go to Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restirctions and see if that app shows up then.

If no, you'll need to reach out to Apple Support for help.

camera/photo access for app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.