Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending Giftcard

So I have a $40 US Apple/iTunes giftcard that I am trying to send to somebody in the UK. When I sent the person the code, they tired applying the giftcard code to their apple account, but it said that the card only works in the Us. What should I do?

iPhone 6

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 9:50 PM

redfox2255 Said:

"Sending Giftcard: So I have a $40 US Apple/iTunes giftcard that I am trying to send to somebody in the UK. When I sent the person the code, they tired applying the giftcard code to their apple account, but it said that the card only works in the Us. What should I do?"

-------

Let the Purchaser Use it:

Apple Gift Card Codes are only usable in the country in which they were purchased. So, they (the purchaser) can only use it, being purchased in the U.S.

Visit this Site: SALES & REFUND TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“TERMS”) - Apple

As it Reads: "The following products are not eligible for return: electronic software downloads, subscriptions to the Software-Up-To-Date program, Apple Store Gift Cards, and any Apple Developer Connection products."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2020 9:50 PM in response to redfox2255

redfox2255 Said:

"Sending Giftcard: So I have a $40 US Apple/iTunes giftcard that I am trying to send to somebody in the UK. When I sent the person the code, they tired applying the giftcard code to their apple account, but it said that the card only works in the Us. What should I do?"

-------

Let the Purchaser Use it:

Apple Gift Card Codes are only usable in the country in which they were purchased. So, they (the purchaser) can only use it, being purchased in the U.S.

Visit this Site: SALES & REFUND TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“TERMS”) - Apple

As it Reads: "The following products are not eligible for return: electronic software downloads, subscriptions to the Software-Up-To-Date program, Apple Store Gift Cards, and any Apple Developer Connection products."

Sending Giftcard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.