Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two factor authentication

I want To remove two factor authentication, is it possible?? I want to sign in to iCloud on a iPhone 3GS

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 9:15 AM

You can't turn off two-factor authentication if it has been on longer than two weeks. See the "Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?" section of Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Regarding the iPhone 3GS, lso see the following from that same link:

What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2020 9:15 AM in response to bengt194

You can't turn off two-factor authentication if it has been on longer than two weeks. See the "Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?" section of Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Regarding the iPhone 3GS, lso see the following from that same link:

What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

Two factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.