Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay stops playing (like pause) -

My Apple TV 4k is connected via ethernet wire. The devices (source) are all up-to-date and connected via 5GHz wifi.

No matter if I use an iphone 8plus, iphone 11pro or ipad. AirPlay stops after a few minutes always same interval) just like if someone had pushed pause. The frozen picture is shown on the TV.

I have to switch back the view to the device (AirPlay button on device). Then it shows the picture there and ATV shows it's screen. The movie is not playing, but the pause symbol is shown in the video controls.

I now need to press pause, switch back to AirPlay and then press play to continue on the TV.

If I just press pause and play it will remain frozen on the TV screen.

If I then press AirPlay to switch back to the iPad, it starts to continue to play the movie there.

Really wired.

The event typically happens every 4-8 Minutes.

No matter if I stream Netflix, Disney or if I have the movie downloaded locally.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 2:42 PM

Hello,

Thanks for this IT guy's standard step. Does this ever help?

I reset to factory settings with sw-update. Reinstalled everything and the problem did not go away.

Any real idea?

Still freezes like that every few minutes.

Similar questions

2 replies

AirPlay stops playing (like pause) -

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.