Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro SSD Replacement

Hello,

I have a MacBook Pro 13.3 Retina (A1502, EMC 2835 with 3.1 GHz i7, with 256GB PCle flash storage) running MacOS High Sierra.

I have been having startup disk issues and took it into one of the apple-endorsed shops in my area, and they confirmed that the SSD is failing. I was quoted $785 to have the SSD replaced - so I may try to replace it myself.

Anyways, considering that I have an external drive to do a time machine backup and have at least MacOS 10.13, I am needing some help as to which replacement SSD would be compatible/reliable. I have looked at the Samsung (MZ-V7E500BW) 970 EVO SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal SSD with V-NAND, which looks like it would require an adapter (perhaps the Sintech NGFF M.2 nVME SSD for 2013-2015 macs).

Or, if anyone has any other recommendations, please let me know. Thanks!

Zach

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 7:56 AM

zachm96 wrote:

Hello,

I have a MacBook Pro 13.3 Retina (A1502, EMC 2835 with 3.1 GHz i7, with 256GB PCle flash storage) running MacOS High Sierra.

I have been having startup disk issues and took it into one of the apple-endorsed shops in my area, and they confirmed that the SSD is failing. I was quoted $785 to have the SSD replaced - so I may try to replace it myself.

Anyways, considering that I have an external drive to do a time machine backup and have at least MacOS 10.13, I am needing some help as to which replacement SSD would be compatible/reliable. I have looked at the Samsung (MZ-V7E500BW) 970 EVO SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal SSD with V-NAND, which looks like it would require an adapter (perhaps the Sintech NGFF M.2 nVME SSD for 2013-2015 macs).

Zach

Do you say what year is the " MacBook Pro 13.3 Retina (A1502, EMC 2835 with 3.1 GHz i7, with 256GB PCle flash storage" ?

If you want specific information regarding "your machine " and SSD replacement, you need to supply specific information...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2020 7:56 AM in response to zachm96

zachm96 wrote:

Hello,

Zach

Do you say what year is the " MacBook Pro 13.3 Retina (A1502, EMC 2835 with 3.1 GHz i7, with 256GB PCle flash storage" ?

If you want specific information regarding "your machine " and SSD replacement, you need to supply specific information...

Macbook Pro SSD Replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.