You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New 2020 Macbook Pro makes charging sound but stays in black screen with no sign of life

Recently was shipped a brand new macbook pro for work. Have used it for around 4 days and it's been fine. However, today when I opened the laptop, I was met with a black screen. I thought it was simply out of power so I plugged it in and heard a charging sound. After another 30 minutes, the screen still stays black with no sign of any life. I have tried all the different protocols for restarting the power. Anyone encounter this before?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 6:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 6:10 PM

Were you starting up from a complete shutdown or were you waking up the MacBook Air from the sleep mode?

Try opening the lid and then Pressing and Pushing down the Power Button and keep it down for 10 seconds. Release Power Button and then wait for a few seconds then Push the Power Button down again and release. See if that gets it started.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 7, 2020 6:10 PM in response to evans151

Were you starting up from a complete shutdown or were you waking up the MacBook Air from the sleep mode?

Try opening the lid and then Pressing and Pushing down the Power Button and keep it down for 10 seconds. Release Power Button and then wait for a few seconds then Push the Power Button down again and release. See if that gets it started.

Axel F.

New 2020 Macbook Pro makes charging sound but stays in black screen with no sign of life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.