Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prevent Apple Music from opening automatically when Bluetooth headphones are connected

I have some non-apple bluetooth headphones and every time I connected them to my MacBook Pro (10.15.5) the Music App launches. Even if I take them off and put them back on it automatically launches. It is so infuriating. How do I stop music from opening?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 7:34 PM

I have found some Reddit threads talking about this issue. There are actually quite a few upset people out there with this exact problem of apple forcing their apps onto us.

I don't want to delete it (and it be regenerated). That wouldn't solve the problem. I want to unload / disable it. So far a couple restarts and this has still fixed the issue.

But again, I would love a clean OS toggle or check mark somewhere that says don't Auto-launch Music when bluetooth headphones are connected.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2020 7:34 PM in response to DontFrontYo

I have found some Reddit threads talking about this issue. There are actually quite a few upset people out there with this exact problem of apple forcing their apps onto us.

I don't want to delete it (and it be regenerated). That wouldn't solve the problem. I want to unload / disable it. So far a couple restarts and this has still fixed the issue.

But again, I would love a clean OS toggle or check mark somewhere that says don't Auto-launch Music when bluetooth headphones are connected.

Jun 7, 2020 7:46 PM in response to jroman7

Did you think Apple wouldn't "force" their apps on iPhone users? Do you understand the concept of Apple and their products? Do you know that even though Apple apologized for hiring third parties to listen to you and your surroundings using Siri, they are still listening. Call support. Ask for a senior advisor and have them explain what a plist is. Plist are meant to be deleted. That's how you fix certain issues.

Prevent Apple Music from opening automatically when Bluetooth headphones are connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.