Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way someone could be intercepting my iMessages?

I just want to confirm, since iMessages are encrypted end-to-end, there’s no way someone (or some other malicious app on the device) could be intercepting and reading them, correct?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 6:44 PM

Correct.

4 replies

Jun 7, 2020 9:40 PM in response to Gregor1an

Hi, It is absolutely possible to "intercept" iMessages, read, and also reply to them without the intended recipient ever knowing that anything untoward has ever happened. There is an entire business which has evolved around the production of apps specifically designed for this purpose (mSpy). Just UTFSE for "iMessage spy app" and it should be obvious to anyone that whatever "security" is afforded by "encryption" is very easily overcome by any determined eavesdropper. Apple offers little defense against such intrusions. Essentially they would prefer the head in the sand approach to solving this specific type of privacy breach. I empathize with you.. the only solution I've found to ensure privacy on an iphone is to turn it off, and get a standard landline. Nothing private to read, nothing private can be read.. anything transmitted wirelessly thru the current transmission protocols and stored in the "cloud" is never secure nor should you expect it to be private. It simply isnt.

Is there a way someone could be intercepting my iMessages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.