Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless charging SE

Second Gen iphone SE stopped wireless charging about 2 weeks ago. The charger is Qi certified and everything worked great for the first couple of weeks that I had this phone. I thought the charger or cable must be the problem so I ordered and received a complete new setup and still no wireless charging. Any ideas on what could be wrong ? Thanks

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 11:22 AM

I had exactly the same problem with my new SE 2. Charging stand failed (unsure of why) and phone would not charge on new charging stand which was otherwise working properly. Fixed by totally shutting off phone and then restarting. In doing research on issue found several sites that suggested solution was a "hard" restart of phone which involves holding the start and home buttons down at the same time. As noted however Qi charging was restored by just turning phone off and then turning back on. From what I have read seems like Apple has built in a protection circuit to prevent Qi charging if battery in phone gets to hot during Qi charging, which might be caused by a fault in the phone battery or a fault in the Qi charging stand. In my case I went through 2 charging stands that both proved to be faulty before buying a different brand of Qi charging stand that works fine. Nobody seems to write a lot about the issue but overheating seems to be an issue with Qi charging stands.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2020 11:22 AM in response to Midange

I had exactly the same problem with my new SE 2. Charging stand failed (unsure of why) and phone would not charge on new charging stand which was otherwise working properly. Fixed by totally shutting off phone and then restarting. In doing research on issue found several sites that suggested solution was a "hard" restart of phone which involves holding the start and home buttons down at the same time. As noted however Qi charging was restored by just turning phone off and then turning back on. From what I have read seems like Apple has built in a protection circuit to prevent Qi charging if battery in phone gets to hot during Qi charging, which might be caused by a fault in the phone battery or a fault in the Qi charging stand. In my case I went through 2 charging stands that both proved to be faulty before buying a different brand of Qi charging stand that works fine. Nobody seems to write a lot about the issue but overheating seems to be an issue with Qi charging stands.

Wireless charging SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.