Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased a new iPad Air. My husband will keep the old one. I want the exact same information on both. Also, can I keep the same Apple ID for both devices?

I purchased a new iPad Air. My husband will keep the old one. I want the exact same information on both. Also, can I keep the same Apple ID for both devices?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 1:28 PM

You can, but then everything will be shared. This includes messages, Facetime calls, emails, photos, any websites to visit, files, etc.. Basically all your data will be available to your husband and vice versa.

If this is what you want, then yes, you can keep the same Apple ID on both devices.

3 replies

Jun 8, 2020 1:46 PM in response to laurafromportsmouth

Yes, you can wipe the iPad and set it up again with a backup from his iPhone and with his Apple ID.

Follow the steps here to clear the device: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then follow the onscreen prompts or the steps in the following support document to set the iPad up again just like you did when you bought it and took it out of the box the first time: Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.