Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand - Volume on track Glitches

I'm working with a song in GarageBand. A track was set to +6.0 decibels, and I wanted to change that. I drag the volume back to -1.0 and everything is fine. Until I hit play, save the project, go back to the beginning of the song, etc... The volume jumps right back to +6.0. I closed the project, worked on another, and came back to it the next day, and it's still happening. So frustrating!!

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 1:04 PM

Hey there heytherezberg,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand your track in GarageBand is not staying at the expected volume. I’ll be happy to help with this.

It sounds like this could be related to volume automation points. If I change the automation, GarageBand follows those. These links can show you how to view these on a track and adjust them:

Show track automation curves

Add and adjust automation points

If this doesn’t work, you could duplicate the track or create a new track with the same instrument and then just copy the notes to the new track which is set at a different volume:

You may want to review the GarageBand for Mac User Guide as well. It has much more detail that you may find helpful and can be searched with certain terms:

GarageBand Help

I hope this helps.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2020 1:04 PM in response to heytherezberg

Hey there heytherezberg,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand your track in GarageBand is not staying at the expected volume. I’ll be happy to help with this.

It sounds like this could be related to volume automation points. If I change the automation, GarageBand follows those. These links can show you how to view these on a track and adjust them:

Show track automation curves

Add and adjust automation points

If this doesn’t work, you could duplicate the track or create a new track with the same instrument and then just copy the notes to the new track which is set at a different volume:

You may want to review the GarageBand for Mac User Guide as well. It has much more detail that you may find helpful and can be searched with certain terms:

GarageBand Help

I hope this helps.

Take care.

GarageBand - Volume on track Glitches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.