Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My HomePod won’t plat several of my newer playlist. HomePod has played my Apple Music playlists for 7 months now without problems. Now when I add a new playlist it will not play it.

Why will my HomePod not play my newer added playlists. I have used Apple Music for 7 months now without issues. I can still play my older playlists, but when I add a new playlist my HomePod will not play it. Siri says she can not play the playlist at this time.

HomePod, 13

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 6:19 PM

Hello,

You may need to restore your HomePod to factory settings.

Reset HomePod - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 10, 2020 5:29 PM in response to BarbH8

You post created some curiosity on my part so I just set-up a new playlist to give it a whirl. Well, like you I can play older ones by asking Siri just fine, but not the new one. I will give a try again in a day or two to see if it's a sync issue. FWIW, I can direct the new playlist to the HomePods from iTunes on my iMac without issue.

Jun 10, 2020 7:42 PM in response to AZDreamer

Thanks for your reply. Three playlist that I made on Sunday would not play until today (Wednesday). I’m hope they will play tomorrow. So a slow sync issue could be the problem. I made a couple of new playlist today which will not play. It will be interesting to see if they will Start to play in a few days. So many people have suggested I reset my homepod, but I would hate to take a chance on that not fixing my problem and maybe causing another problem. So my hope is that Apple finds a fix and send out another HomePod update to take care of it soon.

My HomePod won’t plat several of my newer playlist. HomePod has played my Apple Music playlists for 7 months now without problems. Now when I add a new playlist it will not play it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.