Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch gps and cellular

When I check to buy an Apple Watch in the uae it has gps and cellular but when I check Apple Watch in Ireland it only has the option of GPS. I have to buy from Ireland so why does it not show cellular in Ireland. I need cellular because it seems cellular means I can go for a run and play music without needing my phone

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 7:21 PM

The Cellular Apple Watch shares the iPhone's phone number.  This requires the iPhone cellular carrier to support the Apple Watch. To cover the LTE and UMTS bands used around the world, there are two separate models for Apple Watch Series 5, and three for Apple Watch Series 3.2 They have been optimized for use in the country of purchase, and not all models work in all countries or regions. There is no single model that supports roaming worldwide. To see which carriers in your country or region offer cellular service for Apple Watch, refer to this article:

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Your carrier Must be listed by name in the above link.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 7:21 PM in response to Dlennon123

The Cellular Apple Watch shares the iPhone's phone number.  This requires the iPhone cellular carrier to support the Apple Watch. To cover the LTE and UMTS bands used around the world, there are two separate models for Apple Watch Series 5, and three for Apple Watch Series 3.2 They have been optimized for use in the country of purchase, and not all models work in all countries or regions. There is no single model that supports roaming worldwide. To see which carriers in your country or region offer cellular service for Apple Watch, refer to this article:

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Your carrier Must be listed by name in the above link.

Apple Watch gps and cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.