Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a virus on my MAC, i need assistance with getting the virus off

iMac Pro

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 9:47 AM

Those are not from Apple. They never make any such calls. Those are scammers trying to get your AppleID login credentials, or gain admin access to your Mac by falsely claiming you need to give them remote admin access for “support”.

Ignore any and every such call. The only time Apple will ever call you is if you first contact Apple Support and request a call back from them. They never make unsolicited calls about your hardware or your Apple account.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2020 9:47 AM in response to oswald240

Those are not from Apple. They never make any such calls. Those are scammers trying to get your AppleID login credentials, or gain admin access to your Mac by falsely claiming you need to give them remote admin access for “support”.

Ignore any and every such call. The only time Apple will ever call you is if you first contact Apple Support and request a call back from them. They never make unsolicited calls about your hardware or your Apple account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.