Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t change color profiles

Hi, I have an iMac 5K 2017 running the latest version of macOS Catalina.

After some troubleshooting I had with an Apple’s advisor for some problem with bluetooth (SMC and NVRAM reset, deleted system cache folder, boot in safeboot) my iMac’s internal display is stuck at sRGB with oversaturated colors (because the display is a P3 one) and even if I try to apply a different color profile it just doesn’t make a difference. It’s like it can’t load the color profiles (not even the default “iMac” one).

I tried again SMC and NVRAM reset, booting in safeboot (and it happens there as well), and deleted the “colorsync” folder from system’s library folder as long as the “com.apple.color-something folder from the ~/Library/Preferences folder (nothing helped so I restores the folders back).

Any solutions??

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 8:27 AM

and deleted the “colorsync” folder from system’s library folder

Not sure how you managed to do that since the entire System folder is read only in Catalina.

Create a new user account for testing. Admin or Standard, doesn't matter which. Login to the new account and test there. Does it do the same thing, or does it work correctly?

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2020 8:27 AM in response to Simos805

and deleted the “colorsync” folder from system’s library folder

Not sure how you managed to do that since the entire System folder is read only in Catalina.

Create a new user account for testing. Admin or Standard, doesn't matter which. Login to the new account and test there. Does it do the same thing, or does it work correctly?

Can’t change color profiles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.