You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit error accessory not found

I started having unresponsive Homekit devices when I updated to iOS 13.5.1 I decided to remove the devices in question to re-add them. However, I now cant add anything to Homekit with the exception of my two Apple TV's I am getting the error "accessory not found" though they previously added successfully.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 8:23 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 11, 2020 9:31 AM in response to kmberi

Hello kmberi.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you removed HomeKit accessories from the Home app and no longer able to add them again. I’m happy to help.

Please follow the steps in the section titled “Add accessories” here: Set up and use the Home app - Apple Support

Please make sure that you’re within range of the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is also turned on your iPhone. 

Let me know the results. 

Take care.

Homekit error accessory not found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.