Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music is being added to my library that I did not ask for

Why is music being added to my library that I did not ask for

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 6:18 AM

Hello DrBlood2000,

Thank you for the information!

There are a number of reasons that unexpected results may appear in your recommendations for Apple Music. We've a resource that details how recommendations are generated: See recommended music on iPhone

Something else to consider is that Shazam may be adding content to your library by adding those songs to a playlist titled "My Shazam Tracks." In order to disable this functionality, follow these steps:

'If you don’t want Shazam to automatically add songs to Apple Music, in Shazam on iPhone or iPad tap the library button , tap the settings button , then turn off "Auto-add Shazams to Apple Music."'

Use Shazam with Apple Music, Snapchat, and more

Alternatively, you might consider disabling the "Add Playlist Songs" function in Settings > Music. Doing so will allow you to continue to have content added to the "My Shazam Tracks" playlist in the Music app without those songs being added to your library.

Add a song to a playlist in Apple Music without adding it to your library.

These articles provide more information regarding the Music application:

Listen to music and more in the Apple Music app.

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music.

Take Care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 6:18 AM in response to DrBlood2000

Hello DrBlood2000,

Thank you for the information!

There are a number of reasons that unexpected results may appear in your recommendations for Apple Music. We've a resource that details how recommendations are generated: See recommended music on iPhone

Something else to consider is that Shazam may be adding content to your library by adding those songs to a playlist titled "My Shazam Tracks." In order to disable this functionality, follow these steps:

'If you don’t want Shazam to automatically add songs to Apple Music, in Shazam on iPhone or iPad tap the library button , tap the settings button , then turn off "Auto-add Shazams to Apple Music."'

Use Shazam with Apple Music, Snapchat, and more

Alternatively, you might consider disabling the "Add Playlist Songs" function in Settings > Music. Doing so will allow you to continue to have content added to the "My Shazam Tracks" playlist in the Music app without those songs being added to your library.

Add a song to a playlist in Apple Music without adding it to your library.

These articles provide more information regarding the Music application:

Listen to music and more in the Apple Music app.

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music.

Take Care!

Jun 11, 2020 11:04 AM in response to DrBlood2000

Hello DrBlood2000,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I see that you haven't received an answer to your question. If you are able to provide additional information, then perhaps someone will be able to assist you. Some questions that might be helpful to answer are: 

This music that is added to your library do they show under recommendations after you listened to music similar to them? or are they being added to your playlists?

Do you have Apple Music? Or your music was synced by iTunes wirelessly or wired?

Take Care!

Music is being added to my library that I did not ask for

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.