Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Library

I seem to be getting albums and individual tunes placed in my Apple music library and not know why they are there, when I click on 'Recently added' I have a whole host of stuff i never added. Anyone have any ideas on this please?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 10:54 AM

hootboot,

Do you add playlists to your Library? We ask as this could explain what you're seeing in Recently Added.

Let's use "Today's Hits" as a playlist example. If you have "Add Playlist Songs" enabled on your iPhone in Settings > Music, when that playlist is updated with the latest hits, your Recently Added is also updated: How to make a playlist in the Apple Music app - Apple Support

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2022 10:54 AM in response to hootboot

hootboot,

Do you add playlists to your Library? We ask as this could explain what you're seeing in Recently Added.

Let's use "Today's Hits" as a playlist example. If you have "Add Playlist Songs" enabled on your iPhone in Settings > Music, when that playlist is updated with the latest hits, your Recently Added is also updated: How to make a playlist in the Apple Music app - Apple Support

Cheers!

Dec 5, 2022 12:28 PM in response to hootboot

Hi hootboot,

Do you happen to share your Apple ID with anyone else, or does anyone else have access to your devices? This resource goes over the importance of not sharing an Apple ID: Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID.

If that's not what's happening here, reply with the answers to these questions:

Cheers.

Apple Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.