Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Legacy system extensions

I got a pop up that my MacBook Pro won't support certain legacy system extensions after a certain date. I also saw Huawei pop up and I don't want anything to do with that company. Does this make any sense? How do I find legacy system extension to get rid of? I don't see that under applications??

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 10:09 AM

The next major release of macOS will not allow third party kernel extensions. It's just warning that any third party software you're using that installs such extensions will not work in 10.16.

All vendors who now user kernel extensions will have to use a different method to load items at startup.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210999

The message should have mentioned the name of the vendor the extension is from. But in short, all third party extensions are in the following location, along with a bunch of default ones installed with the OS.

/Library/Extensions

For now, you don't need to do anything.

Huawei is a huge company that make thousands of products, and often make them for other businesses who slap their name on what they in turn sell.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2020 10:09 AM in response to Skibarb

The next major release of macOS will not allow third party kernel extensions. It's just warning that any third party software you're using that installs such extensions will not work in 10.16.

All vendors who now user kernel extensions will have to use a different method to load items at startup.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210999

The message should have mentioned the name of the vendor the extension is from. But in short, all third party extensions are in the following location, along with a bunch of default ones installed with the OS.

/Library/Extensions

For now, you don't need to do anything.

Huawei is a huge company that make thousands of products, and often make them for other businesses who slap their name on what they in turn sell.

Legacy system extensions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.