Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 5 Cellular

I was wondering if I get the Apple Watch with cellular, would I have to add it to my phone plan? And is that the only way I can accept calls, or if I get the Apple Watch series 5 without cellular, can I still receive messages and calls?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 11:00 AM

You can get the non cellular version of the watch and make/receive calls and texts,the only proviso is that you must have your phone with you.

With the cellular version you can do the same things but you don't need to have your phone with you.And with the cellular watch you pay a monthly amount on top of your existing contract,your network provider must support the watch though,not all do.

Here is a list of carriers that do;

Apple Watch - Carriers

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2020 11:00 AM in response to Sunshine0520

You can get the non cellular version of the watch and make/receive calls and texts,the only proviso is that you must have your phone with you.

With the cellular version you can do the same things but you don't need to have your phone with you.And with the cellular watch you pay a monthly amount on top of your existing contract,your network provider must support the watch though,not all do.

Here is a list of carriers that do;

Apple Watch - Carriers

Apple Watch Series 5 Cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.