Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS catalina 10.15.5 update is not installing.

Hi Zain here,

Please help me. Currrently my OS version is 10.15.2. I updated my version to the latest 1.15.5 from my Mac settings. After downloading about 4 GB of setup it asked for restart. After restart there is no update installed in my mac. When i press update button it again ask for restart after coming back same button update button appears but again asks for restart and so on... Don't know where is that setup gone which it firstly downloaded and later not installing. because it 4 gb of my space is deducted. I am stuck here after restarting my mac everytime https://prnt.sc/swsfh7

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 1:12 PM

Try downloading and applying the macOS Catalina 10.15.5 Combo Update. It's usually easier too download and more reliable to apply.

If it still doesn't work boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and and try running it from there.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2020 1:12 PM in response to garrisonlhr

Try downloading and applying the macOS Catalina 10.15.5 Combo Update. It's usually easier too download and more reliable to apply.

If it still doesn't work boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and and try running it from there.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Jun 9, 2020 1:16 PM in response to garrisonlhr

Ok ignore the restart prompt and just let the mac run normally.

Download the standalone Combo updater from here,

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2040?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Once downloaded double-click to install.

When updating your mac using the System Preferences> Software Update it is

always best to use a cabled connection to your router rather than WiFi.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading and do not use any devices that share the

same internet connection as the mac while it is downloading.

MacOS catalina 10.15.5 update is not installing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.