Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My printer is capable of printing 2 sided but the option remains off on my mac print preferences. How do i turn it on? It's greyed out and i can't select it?

My printer is capable of printing 2 sided but the option remains off on my mac print preferences. How do i turn it on? It's greyed out and i can't select it?

It doesn't matter if I'm in Pages, Firefox, Preview etc, it's never available. I have to email documents to my father to print from his computer (the same printer I'm connected to) so he can use the 2 sided function. I don't get it. Why can't i select 2 sided?

MacBook

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 8:16 PM

Is there anything in Printers & Scanners System Prefs under the Options & Supplies button? Some printers have settings for when a function is a separate option for the device.

If you are using the AirPrint driver, see if the printer company has another driver. Or, if using the manufacturer driver, try the AirPrint driver.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2020 8:16 PM in response to VeronicaPMU

Is there anything in Printers & Scanners System Prefs under the Options & Supplies button? Some printers have settings for when a function is a separate option for the device.

If you are using the AirPrint driver, see if the printer company has another driver. Or, if using the manufacturer driver, try the AirPrint driver.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.