Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two-sided printing not working on Big Sur with Air Print Epson XP-760

According to Apple Air Print doesn't require drivers so that should not be the issue. It worked before upgrading to 11.6. I have tried deleting the printer and adding it again and restarting both printer and Mac. Two-Sided is ticked and I have looked at Layout options and it is switched on there. Any ideas?

Mac mini, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 4:28 AM

I have managed to resolve this now. Epson's Drivers will provide Two-Sided printing however AirPrint's Two-Sided printing option does not work with this printer. When using the Epson Driver option you have to use the drop down menu in the print dialogue box and select Two-sided Printing Settings and set it to Long-Edge Binding. Do not download the Epson Software Updater though. Just go to the Support pages and find the latest driver. For my printer the latest version is 10.85.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2021 4:28 AM in response to ShannonM1

I have managed to resolve this now. Epson's Drivers will provide Two-Sided printing however AirPrint's Two-Sided printing option does not work with this printer. When using the Epson Driver option you have to use the drop down menu in the print dialogue box and select Two-sided Printing Settings and set it to Long-Edge Binding. Do not download the Epson Software Updater though. Just go to the Support pages and find the latest driver. For my printer the latest version is 10.85.

Oct 7, 2021 7:23 AM in response to john-pierre

Understood john-pierre,

Given what you're describing and have done, we'd recommend having you contact Epson for further troubleshooting to ensure that the printer doesn't require any additional software to be compatible with Big Sur. Then if needed, you can follow up and Contact Apple Support for additional assistance.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Two-sided printing not working on Big Sur with Air Print Epson XP-760

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.