Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want turn off two-factor authentication . But i can't turn off it.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 11:48 PM

If you have been using 2FA for longer than 2 weeks it is permanent and cannot be deactivated.

2FA

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.5; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.5.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.5.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.6;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.6 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

70 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2020 11:48 PM in response to Tonytuan93

If you have been using 2FA for longer than 2 weeks it is permanent and cannot be deactivated.

2FA

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.5; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.5.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.5.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.6;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.6 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Jul 1, 2020 6:05 AM in response to Dah•veed

This has locked me out of my Apple TV.

if they cannot contact me regarding a solution then i will switch to Something else. This is despicable to update software to force an upgrade in hardware. I have been a long time supporter and now this is outrageous. Locking me out of a streaming device in the middle of all this is just negligent and inconsiderate of your customers. Get it right.

Nov 24, 2020 7:23 AM in response to 2fauthentication

From the article below.

If you recently updated your account, however, you can unenroll for a period of two weeks. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication.       

Current services from Apple that require 2FA include:

Apple Card

Apple Pay

Home Kit

Messages in iCloud

iCloud Keychain (in newer IOS/OS versions).

Feb 25, 2021 12:39 PM in response to Nikon810

Nikon810 wrote:

LOL, you and me both. Apple needs to pay attention. They are taking control. Not a good idea

Have you submitted feedback where they will see it?

Product Feedback - Apple

However, I wouldn't hold out much hope that they will remove 2FA. The risk to them is too great. Banks are beginning to require it. Many U.S. Federal government websites require it. I had to log into one, sam.gov, yesterday and the hoops I had to jump through...

Apr 17, 2021 6:16 AM in response to Dah•veed

Dah•veed wrote:

2FA

I just created a new apple id for testing and it has 2 FA that I cant find a way to Turn Off

WTF?

Feb 9, 2021 10:12 PM in response to toomuchtimewasting

How? I used the link they sent. It sent me to my account info page. I could change personal info with an edit function. Further down the option to change the password was the only edit function near the 2factor mention. I changed the password hoping that would open a settings page but no. I couldn’t get off the page except to change the password. This is the page I got. Help.

Apr 21, 2021 8:58 AM in response to Community User

zchopper62 wrote:

unfortunately does me little good to chase trusted numbers in case iphone is misplaced and then trying to find it using "find my" yet i need to get a verification code on the same iphone that i am looking for? seems stupid IMO and adding e-mail would help or allow the 2-factor to be turned on/off at will my preference. my line of work is not sitting at a desk all day rather out running in the field at multiple locations. my trusted number list is getting ridiculous.

No, you don't need the code to use Find My. You can log in through any browser and use Find My.

Nov 24, 2020 6:52 AM in response to Turnoff2factor

I agree - both that users should have the option of turning off 2-factor authentication and that calm, level-headed responses will prompt better suggestions for fixes. However, requiring users to have a second Apple device is tantamount to monopolization, which I believe is unethical. Apple should reconsider this policy. I came across this string because I received a new iPhone 12 from Apple that was/is faulty. Rather than replace it, their technicians have had me spend tens of hours ineffectively troubleshooting a bad phone. Last night, they had me totally restore the new device, and now it will not verify my Apple ID on the device and two-factor authentication is not working for it. Although every Apple employee with whom I have spoken has been very nice, Apple should have just replaced the faulty phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.