Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv

I purchased an apple iphone 11 recently on the understanding I get Apple TV free for one year. Yet on the Apple app there are very few free movies or shows available that are free! The majority of options have to be purchased. This seems like false advertising!

Can you explain this to me please. Or have I downloaded a limited version, and not the full free access to the tv?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 10:23 PM

3 replies

Jun 9, 2020 11:52 PM in response to Niel

What subscription? I didn’t pay a subscription. And that’s not what the advertising said. It said free Apple TV for one year when I buy an Apple iPhone. So I expected to get the full Apple TV experience with the cost of the iPhone...or were you just playing with words?

I’m retired on a pension and the amount I paid for the iPhone was a great deal of money for me.

I feel as though I’ve been ripped off!

Jun 10, 2020 12:54 AM in response to Stella-Burton

It said free Apple TV for one year when I buy an Apple iPhone.

No, it said “When you buy a new iPhone, it includes one year of Apple TV+ for free.*

Apple TV+ is not the same as everything in the Apple TV app. Apple TV+ is one of the Channels in the Apple TV app.

Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple – You have to redeem the offer and sign up for the service. The subscription that this starts will be free for the first year. And this subscription covers just the Apple-original content.

Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.