Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to remove/delete photos from iPad although iCloud photo library is off

I have tried the recommended ways of removing photos from my iPad but none have worked.

I carried out the following as advised: To avoid deleting photos from iCloud Photo Library, simply go to Settings > iCloud > Photos and turn off iCloud Photo Library there.

The photos are still on my iPad and have even tried to delete each one individually and have also completely logged off from my iCloud account just for this device.

I want to keep them on other devices like iPhone, MacBook etc.

Can I try anything else?

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 3:58 AM

11 replies

Jun 10, 2020 5:57 AM in response to lobsterghost1

I think you are spot on lobsterghost1 as I changed my iTunes account and got a new MacBook so transferred all the necessary information a while back (I think mainly photos) onto my new account where now they automatically download to all my devices rather than plugging in a cable and syncing like you had to do previously. Wish I had known this as not sure about previous details - ho hum. I presume there is no other way then...

Thanks as it has been driving me mad...

Jun 10, 2020 10:31 AM in response to lobsterghost1

On Mac - the device or photos are not showing on Finder either. Thanks for all your help but just cant seem to be done as tried on my old MacBook Air and no luck and logged into my current and previous iPhoto/iTunes accounts and I think I will mess up what I have in my current iPhoto account and devices and certainly don't want to do that....

Unable to remove/delete photos from iPad although iCloud photo library is off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.