Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock

My iPad suddenly locked up and is on activation lock. It is asking to use a very old Apple ID which I used 10years ago to set up this iPad. I have no idea of the password. When I went to Apple ID help it says they are unable to locate that apple if. I don’t use that Apple ID any longer. Furthermore I’m unable to access my iPad. I do have a current ID that I’d like to use can someone help get unlocked so I can reset my iPad using my new Apple ID?

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 11:54 AM

There is no way to unlock the Activation Lock without the original Apple ID and Password used to set up the device. We cannot help and Apple will not help unless you can produce the original receipt clearly showing the serial number. Activation Lock is a theft prevention feature. If there was a way around it, it wouldn't be much of a feature...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2020 11:54 AM in response to LEN1937chevy

There is no way to unlock the Activation Lock without the original Apple ID and Password used to set up the device. We cannot help and Apple will not help unless you can produce the original receipt clearly showing the serial number. Activation Lock is a theft prevention feature. If there was a way around it, it wouldn't be much of a feature...

Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.