Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Activation Lock Help

I have an older generation 5 or 6 ipad that I am trying to use but it id saying I need to do an activation lock with my apple ID. I do not remember what apple ID I used when I got this ipad so it will not allow me to get into the ipad. I am frustrated that I cannot get any further and would love anyone's help who got through this step without using the old apple id. Thanks!

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 7:25 AM

Try each you have, or if you're the unit's original owner, click here and submit an unlock request. There isn't any other way around this; the activation lock is an anti-theft measure.

If you've forgotten the login information for one, check your web browser autofill entries, the Keychain, and other records, or use Apple's iForgot service, or contact their Account Security team.

(233393)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2023 7:25 AM in response to tatum146

Try each you have, or if you're the unit's original owner, click here and submit an unlock request. There isn't any other way around this; the activation lock is an anti-theft measure.

If you've forgotten the login information for one, check your web browser autofill entries, the Keychain, and other records, or use Apple's iForgot service, or contact their Account Security team.

(233393)

Ipad Activation Lock Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.