Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to change my apple ID

When I enter the apple ID I want to switch to, I get a message that says "this email is not available". It is an apple ID I use on another device.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 5:31 PM

You are trying to merge 2 Apple IDs. That isn't the same as using one Apple ID on all your devices. Pick the ID you want to use and sign out of the ID you don't want to use. Then sign in with the ID you want to use. You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2020 5:31 PM in response to SJ5374

You are trying to merge 2 Apple IDs. That isn't the same as using one Apple ID on all your devices. Pick the ID you want to use and sign out of the ID you don't want to use. Then sign in with the ID you want to use. You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

Jun 10, 2020 2:56 PM in response to donv_the_ghost

I use this apple ID on multiple devices already and everything I have read indicates the same apple ID can be used on up to 10 devices at one time. I did read a tutorial that said others have had this problem and it could be corrected through apple support. I was hoping someone on here could help me since i cannot get into apple support.

Trying to change my apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.