Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m trying to change my Apple ID and it says the email is not available. This is MY email address!

i’m trying to change my Apple ID, but when I enter the email I want, it says it’s already in use! This is MY email.

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 9:20 AM

The only official documentation that I can find says:

"If you see a message that the email address you want to use isn't available or is already in use, check that you or a family member aren't already using that email address with a different Apple ID. If a family member is using that email address, remove it from their account then try to use it." From: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

It is possible that if this is an email address you have used for some other purpose with Apple such as a rescue email address that Apple might not let you re-use it. They don't say anything about that officially but I have seen many, many other posts here about that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2022 9:20 AM in response to lois273

The only official documentation that I can find says:

"If you see a message that the email address you want to use isn't available or is already in use, check that you or a family member aren't already using that email address with a different Apple ID. If a family member is using that email address, remove it from their account then try to use it." From: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

It is possible that if this is an email address you have used for some other purpose with Apple such as a rescue email address that Apple might not let you re-use it. They don't say anything about that officially but I have seen many, many other posts here about that.

I’m trying to change my Apple ID and it says the email is not available. This is MY email address!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.