Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music on my secondary iPhone

I recently got a new phone and I want to use my old iPhone to download music on Apple Music. When I attempt to download music on the old iPhone it gives me the pop-up, "You must transfer this device to your Apple ID to play content saved offline. You will be unable to transfer this device again for 90 days." So here is my question. How do I download music on that secondary iPhone without transferring accounts? Is there another way without transferring accounts?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 2:40 PM

The real question is why are you using a different account on the new phone, than the old one?

You should keep the same Apple ID across devices to maitain access to all your purchases and subscriptions.

If the Apple Music subscription is tied to an Apple ID that is not the one being used on the old iPhone, then you need to log in to that account to be able to access the subscription.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2020 2:40 PM in response to jasonnchew

The real question is why are you using a different account on the new phone, than the old one?

You should keep the same Apple ID across devices to maitain access to all your purchases and subscriptions.

If the Apple Music subscription is tied to an Apple ID that is not the one being used on the old iPhone, then you need to log in to that account to be able to access the subscription.

Apple Music on my secondary iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.