Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music downloads on more than one device

i just got an ipod touch and ive logged into my apple id with it + synced my music library. when i try to download music on it, it says "you must transfer this device to your apple id to play content saved offline. you will be unable to transfer this device again for 90 days." will choosing "transfer" affect my ability to download music on my iphone and mac which are already synced to my apple id?

iPod, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 12:22 PM

Hi Gtchy1235,

I understand you'd like to setup Apple Music on your new iPod.

Transferring the device to your Apple ID will associate it with your Apple ID and allow you to use Apple Music. This will affect Apple Music functionality on other devices that are associated.

You can learn more about associated devices here: View and remove your associated devices for purchases.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2020 12:22 PM in response to Gtchy1235

Hi Gtchy1235,

I understand you'd like to setup Apple Music on your new iPod.

Transferring the device to your Apple ID will associate it with your Apple ID and allow you to use Apple Music. This will affect Apple Music functionality on other devices that are associated.

You can learn more about associated devices here: View and remove your associated devices for purchases.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

apple music downloads on more than one device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.