Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications not working iOS 13.5.1

Hi everyone;

Please assist, I'm not receiving any notifications on my iPhone 11 pro for iMessage and texts unless i'm already in the message app.

Do Not Disturb is off and notifications are on as well, I've check all settings and can't find what could

be the issue.

I have tried the following;

• turned iMessage off then restart then back on again
  • to reset my setting 3 times

The problem started before I updated to iOS 13.5.1, and I was really hoping it will fix the issue. I really

hope someone here has a solution for me. Thanks

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 6:19 AM

With the limited information that you have provided, I had to guess the problems faced by you. Some of it can be understood by reading below

• Lock Screen Notifications or Otherwise?
  • Notification Center or Badges?
  • Sound Notifications or Preview Notifications?

Show recent notifications on the Lock screen

You can allow access to Notification Center on the Lock screen. Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode (on an iPhone with Face ID) or Touch ID & Passcode (on other iPhone models). Enter your passcode. Turn on Notification Center (below Allow Access When Locked).

Change notification settings on iPhone - Apple Support

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2020 6:19 AM in response to Ms_Ntlebi

With the limited information that you have provided, I had to guess the problems faced by you. Some of it can be understood by reading below

• Lock Screen Notifications or Otherwise?
  • Notification Center or Badges?
  • Sound Notifications or Preview Notifications?

Show recent notifications on the Lock screen

You can allow access to Notification Center on the Lock screen. Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode (on an iPhone with Face ID) or Touch ID & Passcode (on other iPhone models). Enter your passcode. Turn on Notification Center (below Allow Access When Locked).

Change notification settings on iPhone - Apple Support

Jun 30, 2020 10:55 AM in response to SravanKrA

👋🏼 hello! Im facing the same issues: I have two iPhones, X and 11 pro, and I dont get notifications in any of them. In fact, when people text me on WhatsApp or Messenger, The message remains as sent but not delivered. I tried restarting, checking settings, including the FaceID > Notification Center, with not success.

any additional suggestions?!?!

Jul 9, 2020 10:55 AM in response to Ms_Ntlebi

yes, I have missed important notifications, since there is no longer any sound from test messages. I've tried all the things mentioned, but with IOS 13.5.1 there are just no sounds coming through with messages set and volume on maximum. I've heard that turning bluetooth off may fix this, but that's an unacceptable solution since I need bluetooth for a medical device (and ear buds, etc). I also read somewhere that this OS is fighting with Apple Watch settings, but I haven't seen any way to deal with this. So I'm still waiting for a fix from Apple, and am not ready to go to an Apple store in person yet. This is very frustrating to say the least, and it seems to be a problem with the OS.

Thanks for any help

Jul 12, 2020 5:18 PM in response to wayne mitzner

I’m having the same issue. My iMessage notifications stop working. If I disable Bluetooth then turn it right back on notifications start working again for a few hours.

I have a lot of things that connect to my phone via Bluetooth. An Apple Watch, my car stereo, and tile tracker’s just to name a few. So I’m not sure if one of those things is triggering my notifications to fail again. But so far disabling and re-enabling Bluetooth fixes the problem for a while.

Notifications not working iOS 13.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.