Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing songs?

Why have any of my purchased songs disappeared and are gone?

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 8:28 AM

nikolai211 Said:

Missing songs?: Why have any of my purchased songs disappeared and are gone

———-

Unhide Purchased Purchases:

Perhaps these items have become hidden purchases? To see if that is the case, unhide them.

9 replies

Jun 11, 2020 10:31 AM in response to nikolai211

nikolai211 Said:

Missing songs? Why have any of my purchased songs disappeared and are gone? [...]I can't bring them back! I didn't do anything!

———-

As for Recovering them... Six Thoughts:

Visit the iTunes Store and see if this is can be find in there..

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for iTunes Library) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

• Check Other Users on your Computer:

and see if they reside in its Library. If so, you may be logged into the incorrect user.

• Check Other Devices:

Use another device(Mac, PC, Mobile Device, etc.) that is associated to your Apple ID. See if the purchases still reside there.

• Remove Security Software:

Security Software is unneeded on a Mac. A pure example of how and why is that it may be disallowing connections for syncing with Apple. To uninstall it, download and use the uninstaller from the Developer (elsewise you could end up installing malware and spyware).

• Check for Malware on your Mac.

Malware would make software applications act maliciously. Find Malwarebytes on the App Store > install it > update it > remove what is found > restart the device > see if these reside in the library > see if they are accessible and playable. It is free of charge and being created by longtime users if these forums, it is the only reliable software program for Apple.

• Recover from Time Machine Backups:

Use the Migration Assistant. You would find these items by searching for particular file types.

Jun 11, 2020 10:31 AM in response to nikolai211

nikolai211 Said:

Missing songs? Why have any of my purchased songs disappeared and are gone? [...]I can't bring them back! I didn't do anything!

———-

They May have been removed from iTunes?

Sometimes items are removed from the iTunes Store, and they never become retrievable again. That’s just the way it is. :(

It all has to do with Licensing between the Developer and Apple.

Missing songs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.