Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wemo and Homekit and Lutron

I have quite a few devices running on Wemo which seems to drop offline about every week. My Lutron Caseta seems to be more stable. Looking at the Wemo bridge it shows connected all the way around. The Home app shows not available. Rebooting the Wemo Bridge usually brings it back. I have a Home Pod and AppleTV 4 set up as masters.

Today the Kitchen Main dropped of and I rebooted the network.

When I look at the topics here and HomeKit is not a choice it makes me wonder if this half done software will ever be done.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Serial Number]

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 8:48 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Jun 11, 2020 9:55 AM in response to QuickPost

I have and they were not much help except to have me reboot it. They don’t care much past that. The screen shot I supplied shows the Wemo Bridge saying connected. Someone is lying. I will follow up with them again since I bought a second Wemo Bridge to replace the first one to see if it was a hardware problem.

i think the controllers go to sleep both Home Pod and Apple TV 4.

Anyone aware of how to check the HomePod or Apple TV to see if they are communicating?

Thanks for your reply. Many other have the same problem.

Jun 20, 2020 5:42 PM in response to Thomas Crawford1

Hi Thomas, I stated with an

Apple as the the controller and added the HomePod think it was better so I have redundant controllers and the Wemo drops off. I was able to make it have a static IP on the router. Apple edited the pictures. I will do some more and blur it. The Wemo bridge is at its assigned IP and it seems to be stable but I find it takes a few days. After saying I had a redundant controller I found my Apple

Tv not powered. More testing.’I have more Luton coming.

Jun 21, 2020 11:17 PM in response to Mac Chick

I also find that I need to restart (unplug then plug in) my Wemo bridge every few weeks. I hope it doesn't get worse. I suspect it is a wifi/router issue - they are becoming too smart for simple devices like the Wemo Bridge, which, like the Homepod, doesn't seem to cope with "modern" dynamic addressing and channel switching.

Try temporarily disabling the 5Ghz band on your router to see if this is causing issues. Otherwise I have assigned static IPs to my Homepod and Apple TV but haven't tried doing this for the Wemo Bridge, as suggested by AZdreamer.

Wemo and Homekit and Lutron

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.