Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which graphics card on new Mac Book Pro?

I am making the switch from an iMac Pro to a Mac Book Pro. I will order the better processor and 64 gigs of RAM. Do I really need the better graphics card? Thanks to all.

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 10:36 AM

Let me start by saying that I work on a 16" MBP and it is a great machine.

That said, and if you don't mind my asking: what is the motivation?

Even though the iMac Pro is now nearing 3 years of age, I'd still expect it to handily beat the MBP in most tasks - and that is even before we consider that awesome 27' screen.

Aside from portability, is there any other reason you are making the switch?

And regarding Flavio's concerns (which I also have replied to): as you can read in his own thread, it appears that they are caused by software conflicts, rather than any inherent flaw in the machine...

(Flavio, I do hope that we get to the bottom of it and you can enjoy your mac the way you're supposed to!)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2020 10:36 AM in response to Thomas Whaley

Let me start by saying that I work on a 16" MBP and it is a great machine.

That said, and if you don't mind my asking: what is the motivation?

Even though the iMac Pro is now nearing 3 years of age, I'd still expect it to handily beat the MBP in most tasks - and that is even before we consider that awesome 27' screen.

Aside from portability, is there any other reason you are making the switch?

And regarding Flavio's concerns (which I also have replied to): as you can read in his own thread, it appears that they are caused by software conflicts, rather than any inherent flaw in the machine...

(Flavio, I do hope that we get to the bottom of it and you can enjoy your mac the way you're supposed to!)

Jun 11, 2020 10:15 AM in response to Thomas Whaley

Careful my friend, you made this same upgrade that you are thinking of doing, I bought one of the best macbook pro 16 on the market and I can no longer work with finalcutprox, the program closes on its own, consumes all 64gb of memory, I was already asked to delete several programs on my computer and the problem continues. very careful.

Which graphics card on new Mac Book Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.