Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make the menu bar words bigger?

Just getting to know my new MacBook Pro 16" (2019 build). My eyes are getting older, and the text size on the menu bar (at the top of the screen; icons on the Dock are no problem) is definitely smaller than the menu bar text size on my 2015 MacBook Air. Is there a way to adjust the size of the text in the menu bar? I've looked through System Preferences, but haven't found anything so far. Thanks for any help!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 11:10 AM

The menubar uses the system font and size which is not under any user control. You can reduce the screen's resolution which will cause all text to enlarge. You can also enable screen zooming through Accessibility preferences. Open the panel and select Zoom from the list. I use the second option to zoom by holding down a special key and using the scroll control on your mouse. That way you can keep a higher resolution. Zoom the screen to make small print readable.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2020 11:10 AM in response to cjk42

The menubar uses the system font and size which is not under any user control. You can reduce the screen's resolution which will cause all text to enlarge. You can also enable screen zooming through Accessibility preferences. Open the panel and select Zoom from the list. I use the second option to zoom by holding down a special key and using the scroll control on your mouse. That way you can keep a higher resolution. Zoom the screen to make small print readable.

How do I make the menu bar words bigger?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.