Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make the Menu words and icons larger???

I am still using Mojave on my iMac and MBP and icons and words are just fine -- but on a new iMac [it's on, I think, Big Sur] and MBP [on Monterey] the icons and words on menu are small == I really have trouble seeing them that small = I'm older and have glasses but they are really tiny. Any way to improve the size of things in the Menu.

Also = how to rearrange the stuff up in the Menu?? I want it in a different order and can't seem to get that a done.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 8:20 AM

On my MBP on Monterey (and I suspect on other Macs as well), if I click the Apple menu, then System Preferences, then Displays, then Scaled, there are options to make the overall display larger (or smaller...):

Of course the trade-off is there's less space for applications to display their content.

You can't re-arrange the Menu Bar (that's the row of words and small icons along the top of the screen), but in most Apple applications (eg Mail, Pages...) you can right-click in the Toolbar (the app-specific icons), choose Customise Toolbar and move them around, delete the ones you don't want, choose if you want to display just icons or icons and text etc:

Cheers,

H

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2021 8:20 AM in response to Victoria Herring

On my MBP on Monterey (and I suspect on other Macs as well), if I click the Apple menu, then System Preferences, then Displays, then Scaled, there are options to make the overall display larger (or smaller...):

Of course the trade-off is there's less space for applications to display their content.

You can't re-arrange the Menu Bar (that's the row of words and small icons along the top of the screen), but in most Apple applications (eg Mail, Pages...) you can right-click in the Toolbar (the app-specific icons), choose Customise Toolbar and move them around, delete the ones you don't want, choose if you want to display just icons or icons and text etc:

Cheers,

H

Dec 8, 2021 8:22 AM in response to Victoria Herring

Victoria Herring wrote:

I am still using Mojave on my iMac and MBP and icons and words are just fine -- but on a new iMac [it's on, I think, Big Sur] and MBP [on Monterey] the icons and words on menu are small == I really have trouble seeing them that small = I'm older and have glasses but they are really tiny. Any way to improve the size of things in the Menu.

Also = how to rearrange the stuff up in the Menu?? I want it in a different order and can't seem to get that a done.

In Monterey—

>System Preferences>Accessibility>Display

Get started with accessibility features on Mac - Apple Support

You can hold the Command key and rearrange or drag off the menu bar most any macOS

How to make the Menu words and icons larger???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.