Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Catalina Update

I'm trying to update to the latest macOS Catalina, but when I click Update Now, my computer just restarts and doesn't actually update anything. I have 14.19gb of space available. The current version of Catalina I have is 10.15.13. It says that the update available is 10.15.5.

Please help!

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 2:12 PM

I had the same problem with about 20gb of space left on my hard drive. Catalina 10.15.5 wouldn't upgrade from 10.15.4.

The Catalina installer from trying a few times unsuccessfully was using up 8gb of space. I went into Applications and deleted it. Then I went to the App Store and started from scratch upgrading Catalina and it installed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2020 2:12 PM in response to jenayamfries

I had the same problem with about 20gb of space left on my hard drive. Catalina 10.15.5 wouldn't upgrade from 10.15.4.

The Catalina installer from trying a few times unsuccessfully was using up 8gb of space. I went into Applications and deleted it. Then I went to the App Store and started from scratch upgrading Catalina and it installed.

macOS Catalina Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.