Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro, 13-inch, 2015 won't update with Catalina

I can't update my MacBook to Catalina 10.15.6.

When I click on "restart" to begin the update, it will go through the whole process of shutting down, restarting, etc.. but when it all comes back up it shows the update never happened.

No message. No "update couldn't be installed." Just back to where I started as if I never attempted the update in the first place. I've got about 10GB of free space.

Does this sound like a reasonably easy fix to anyone?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 9:21 AM

One possibility -- See the following from How to upgrade to macOS Catalina - Apple Support

Your Mac also needs at least 4GB of memory and 12.5GB of available storage space, or up to 18.5GB of storage space when upgrading from OS X Yosemite or earlier.

4 replies

Aug 30, 2020 11:19 AM in response to FoxFifth

Hi! Thank you for the suggestion! I cleared some space, and it wasn't working still. But, I went to the website from the link you left and I saw that I could download Catalina from the store, so I did, and through that process discovered I needed to clear even more space (the amount you told me PLUS the 8GB for the Catalina download)

Would NOT have found that option without your help! Thanks!

V

Macbook Pro, 13-inch, 2015 won't update with Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.