Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with latest Catalina update

Hello,

I am having issues with the latest Catalina update (10.15.5) on my Macbook Air. I got a notification that the update was available and when I go to install it, it prompts a reboot. However, after the reboot, nothing happens. The notification is still there and the update hasn't been made. I tried multiple times, to no avail. It doesn't seem to be a space issue, since I have more than enough space in my computer for the update to be installed. Anyone can help?

My laptop is a MacBook Air 13-inch, Mid 2013.

Thank you,

Louis

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 2:52 PM

Are you going thru the System/Softrware Update preference pane for this update? If so try downloading the macOS Catalina 10.15.5 Combo Update and run it.

If you still have problems boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and run the updater from there.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2020 2:52 PM in response to Loopynoo

Are you going thru the System/Softrware Update preference pane for this update? If so try downloading the macOS Catalina 10.15.5 Combo Update and run it.

If you still have problems boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and run the updater from there.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Issues with latest Catalina update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.