Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 8 stuck on apple loading screen. says it needs update to work but the update wont process

My iphone has no storage to do the update, but i can't access my phone to delete anything as my phone is stuck on the apple loading screen.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 12:04 PM

Hey there, Jess.

It sounds like your iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo. I know how important it is to have access to your device, so I have some suggestions. 

1. “Make sure the progress bar on your iPhone screen hasn't moved for at least one hour
  2. If the progress bar hasn't moved for more than one hour, connect your device to a computer, then put your device into recovery mode with these steps:
    • iPhone 8 and later: Press and release the Volume up button. Press and release the Volume down button. Press and hold the Side button. Keep holding the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
    • iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Volume down button and the Sleep/Wake button. Keep holding the Volume down button until you see the recovery mode screen.
    • iPhone 6s and earlier: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button. Keep holding the Home button until you see the recovery mode screen.
  1. When asked to update or restore in iTunes, choose Update. This will update your device to iOS 13.2. If you choose Restore, it will erase your iPhone.“ If your iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo - Apple Support

Please do not hesitate to reach back out if you have further questions. 

All the best. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2020 12:04 PM in response to jess_453

Hey there, Jess.

It sounds like your iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo. I know how important it is to have access to your device, so I have some suggestions. 

1. “Make sure the progress bar on your iPhone screen hasn't moved for at least one hour
  2. If the progress bar hasn't moved for more than one hour, connect your device to a computer, then put your device into recovery mode with these steps:
    • iPhone 8 and later: Press and release the Volume up button. Press and release the Volume down button. Press and hold the Side button. Keep holding the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
    • iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Volume down button and the Sleep/Wake button. Keep holding the Volume down button until you see the recovery mode screen.
    • iPhone 6s and earlier: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button. Keep holding the Home button until you see the recovery mode screen.
  1. When asked to update or restore in iTunes, choose Update. This will update your device to iOS 13.2. If you choose Restore, it will erase your iPhone.“ If your iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo - Apple Support

Please do not hesitate to reach back out if you have further questions. 

All the best. 

iphone 8 stuck on apple loading screen. says it needs update to work but the update wont process

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.