Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

external monitor macbook air (early 2014) not recognised

I have serious trouble connecting my external monitor. I have tried resetting using Option, Ctrl, Shift and power button. Sometimes this works, but not always. I have also tried to detect external monitor with Cmd Option, but monitor is not found. I especially have trouble after my Mac has gone to sleep. Restarting sometimes helps, but again not always. I am using a thunderbold to HDMI adapter. The thunderbold connection seems to be fine, when I use it for cabled internet, it is picked up immediately.

I hope someone has some more suggestion as to what I can do.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 7:02 AM

Hi anja120,

Thanks for the post. I understand you're having some issues using an external display with your Mac. I use an external display as well, and I'm happy to see how I can assist.

Were you able to use this external display as expected before, or have you always had these issues with the display in question?

I recommend double-checking this resource to make sure you've covered all of the suggestions here: Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2020 7:02 AM in response to anja120

Hi anja120,

Thanks for the post. I understand you're having some issues using an external display with your Mac. I use an external display as well, and I'm happy to see how I can assist.

Were you able to use this external display as expected before, or have you always had these issues with the display in question?

I recommend double-checking this resource to make sure you've covered all of the suggestions here: Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac

Take care.

external monitor macbook air (early 2014) not recognised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.