Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an older iMac running Yosemite. I don't see any possibility to update - when I go to the app store it says no updates available

I have an older iMac running Yosemite. I don't see any possibility to update - when I go to the app store it says no updates available

iMac 27″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 8:42 AM

macOS upgrades might not appear in the Updates tab in the App Store.

If your iMac was introduced before late 2009, you can download OS X El Capitan here: How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support

If your iMac was introduced before 2012, you can download macOS High Sierra here: Get macOS High Sierra

If your iMac is supported, you can download the latest version of macOS, macOS Catalina here: Get macOS Catalina

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 8:42 AM in response to MikechSA

macOS upgrades might not appear in the Updates tab in the App Store.

If your iMac was introduced before late 2009, you can download OS X El Capitan here: How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support

If your iMac was introduced before 2012, you can download macOS High Sierra here: Get macOS High Sierra

If your iMac is supported, you can download the latest version of macOS, macOS Catalina here: Get macOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.