Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Texts on both apple watch and ipad

Can I receive texts from my iPhone on both my Apple Watch and iPad? Both are non-cellular.

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 9:19 AM

Greetings benr2595,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're curious if it's possible to receive text messages sent to your iPhone on both your Apple Watch and iPad.

If your Apple Watch is in range of your companion iPhone, or connected to a Wi-Fi network, then the messages will be received on your Apple Watch:

Having Messages in iCloud enabled on your iPhone and iPad will keep your message history updated automatically between your devices. You can see that outlined in the following article: Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support

Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2020 9:19 AM in response to benr2595

Greetings benr2595,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're curious if it's possible to receive text messages sent to your iPhone on both your Apple Watch and iPad.

If your Apple Watch is in range of your companion iPhone, or connected to a Wi-Fi network, then the messages will be received on your Apple Watch:

Having Messages in iCloud enabled on your iPhone and iPad will keep your message history updated automatically between your devices. You can see that outlined in the following article: Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Texts on both apple watch and ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.