Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install Mac os on MacBook 13 aluminium 2008

Hello everyone! Really need your help with this. My MacBook doesn't have any data on its ssd. None of the startup key combinations work except holding alt(option) key. I tried making a bootable USB drive and installing lion os but installation just freezes at the Apple logo. Installation starts ok, I see usb drive with Mac os , click on it,then apple logo on a white background appears, bellow the apple comes that grey circle indicating that the process has started but then after a short while the screen dims and installation just freezes. Cmd r combination doesn't work and all the other key combinations too. Before that MacBook had windows os installed on it. I think that previous owner wiped out all Mac os stuff ,such as recovery partition and that's why now I can't use startup keys to recover this Mac. Please help.

MacBook

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

1 reply

Can't install Mac os on MacBook 13 aluminium 2008

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.