Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ISSUE - Apple TV 1 Year Free

Just bought a 13 inch macbook air (2020) and received an email that I get free apple TV for 1 year. However, when I click the link my apple TV opens and only offers me the usual 1 week free. How can I activate my free year with new device?

Thank you

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 2:38 PM

2 replies

Jun 12, 2020 3:35 PM in response to MrHoffman

Thanks, that redemption link is helpful because it gave clear steps from Apple on how to redeem. Unfortunately, the problem appears to be on Apple's end. This doesn't appear to be a new issue – 9to5Mac reported back in November 2019 that eligible users were not getting the offer, while ineligible users were able to receive the one-year-free deal. While I meet all the requirements, having bought a new device in April, and never having previously subscribed to Apple TV, the "Enjoy 1 Year Free" link is not appearing in the app.

Apple Support gives me only one option to "Call Apple Support Later". I would prefer online support for an online product, chat or email, rather than an "invitation" to call them – a diplomatic dead end. Ideally, there should be a link to submit a receipt and let Apple work it out.

ISSUE - Apple TV 1 Year Free

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.