Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VIRUS/MALWARE

I was on Google and then i got an ad saying my iPhone 8 had been 56% hacked by trojan viruses. There were two options, one to fix it and one to cancel. I clicked on cancel and then the page went all white, i think it was loading something but i closed the page before it could load anything onto the screen. Then i closed Safari and maybe 30min later i cleaned all my history data and such. Is there any possible way i could have gotten malware on my phone by clicking on the cancel option? my phone hasnt acted up and i did a backup and reset it completely.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 10:26 AM

It's a scam. It's trying to scare you into giving them your personal information. Read here: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Unless you have jailbroken your iPhone, you can't get viruses on it. IOS has sandboxing which prevents the app that is having problems to infect any other apps which makes it very easy to contain, and eradicate the problem. Like mentioned, either way there is almost no chance that you could have a virus.

If you encounter something like this, immediately put your iPhone into airplane mode > Go to Settings > Find Safari > Clear History and Website Data.

You're fine. If you continue to have problems, then you could factory reset you iPhone to a backup file that was made before you started experiencing problems. If you want to take it one step further, then go ahead and factory reset your iPhone to factory settings and don't select a backup at all, but I warn you by doing the second factory rest option, you will lose all of your data. But all of what I said regarding factory resetting is honestly unnecessary but you have options if you want.

I hope this solved your problems.

-Mac

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2020 10:26 AM in response to pumpkin756

It's a scam. It's trying to scare you into giving them your personal information. Read here: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Unless you have jailbroken your iPhone, you can't get viruses on it. IOS has sandboxing which prevents the app that is having problems to infect any other apps which makes it very easy to contain, and eradicate the problem. Like mentioned, either way there is almost no chance that you could have a virus.

If you encounter something like this, immediately put your iPhone into airplane mode > Go to Settings > Find Safari > Clear History and Website Data.

You're fine. If you continue to have problems, then you could factory reset you iPhone to a backup file that was made before you started experiencing problems. If you want to take it one step further, then go ahead and factory reset your iPhone to factory settings and don't select a backup at all, but I warn you by doing the second factory rest option, you will lose all of your data. But all of what I said regarding factory resetting is honestly unnecessary but you have options if you want.

I hope this solved your problems.

-Mac

VIRUS/MALWARE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.