Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are the best low/no cost applications to scan and remove malware from my Mac?

My MacBook recently picked up a nasty little "browser hijacker" virus (specifically "FILE CONVERTER NOW") while I was attempting to open a PDF file. If there are any trustworthy low/no cost applications Mac users could recommend to scan for and remove this type of malware from a Mac I'd sure appreciate information on them.

MacBook

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 9:08 AM

5 replies

Jun 14, 2020 5:10 PM in response to FoxFifth

Thank you for this tip! I will definitely be looking into Malwarebytes, but understand their "free" version may be a two week trial. After that trial experience their cost to continue to use their application becomes $40/year. That's more than I wanted to spend, but if the alternative is having my browser constantly interrupted by a new screen attempting to sell me useless crap, this is cheap at twice the price!

What are the best low/no cost applications to scan and remove malware from my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.